For the person completing this report.
on or about 2006
Review and comment on activities of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics in consultation with the Athletic Director
advisory body reporting to the Provost
Vote of the assembled quorum.
Appointments are made on the basis of membership within a given body (e.g. Employee Council, Faculty Senate...student government, Associated Students of NMSU) in a voluntary manner.
Faculty, staff, and students are all represented.
Appointments are made from Employee Council, Faculty Senate...student government, Associated Students of NMSU
three year terms
Each Fall the council is constituted from the constituent groups (e.g. Employee Council, Faculty Senate...student government, Associated Students of NMSU), a chair is elected for the year, and business is outlined by consensus and advise from the ex officio members.
Constituent groups (Employee Council, Faculty Senate...student government, Associated Students of NMSU) nominate or [re]nominate.
|Ben Widner||PhD||Voting Member|
|Jerry Hawkes||PhD||Voting Member|
|Spencer Herrera||PhD||Voting Member|
|David Rockstraw||PhD||Voting Member|
|Keith Mandabach||PhD||Voting Member|
|David Keys||PhD||Voting Member|
|James Peach||PhD||Voting Member|
|Donovan Olvera||Student||Voting Member|
|Satya Rao||Student||Voting Member|
|David Keely||PhD||Voting Member|
|Mario Moccia||Athletic Director||Non-voting Member|
|Braun Cartwright||Asst. AD||Non-voting Member|
|James Hall||Asst. AD||Non-voting Member|
No explicit requirements
September 20, 2017
October 30, 2017
April 18, 2018
1. Elected a chairperson, David Keys.
2. Hearing the activities and financial reports of the Athletic Director and added details from the Assistant ADs.
3. Reports from chairperson and members on the annual meetings of National Student-Athletics representatives, NCAA, COIA.
4. Considered a proposal (from Chair) on potential Faculty Senate proposal for an "Athletic Activities" minor course of study. (Report and proposal from University of North Carolina athletic representative). The council did not achieve a resolution on this issue and it was carried over to the 2018-2019 year.
5. Ongoing review of community relations, recruiting, and advertising of Athletic Department events and existing calendars.
6. As a council, offering opinions, views, and recommendations on university events (Chancellor search, financial redistribution of monies) and policies as they occur.
7. Hearing student reactions and interests on the budget, athletic activities, and planning.